Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Friends

These past few weeks God has really blessed me by bringing some friends of mine over to Spain.

First were Brenda and Neil Smith!  What a great blessing it was to spend the afternoon with them, eating some delicious food near Plaza de Espana, and then walking through the many shops of Cuatro Caminos.  It was a beautiful day!  Then I got to see some other friends from home, the Beutows!  Hearing about their travels and experiences in Spain was a highlight of my week.  

I know that may sound kind of weird, but the most difficult part of being in Spain is being lonely.  Yeah I have friends here ;) but it's different, they don't know me, nor do they love as deeply as my friends and family in Minnesota.  

Yesterday I was also able to spend a few hours with my friend Ashley Beck, roommate last year as well.  What a blessing, it was incredible to hear about her semester and the strength that God has provided her.  I learned that she speaks french, I have two french professors staying in our apartment for the week, and Ash just struck up a conversation.  Twice in the conversation she brought up God and following him.  It was such an encouragement to watch her so comfortable with Jesus.

All in all I cannot deny that having these people come has fanned the flame in my heart.  Thank you God for bringing people I love to Spain to help encourage me to live for you openly.

1 comment:

  1. You know Becky, it is God's blessing that these people "just happened" to be in Spain. He is so good. I wish I was one of those who could travel there to see you and see what you have seen. But He knows who you need to have come and I can rest in that. I love you and miss you so much. Mom

    ReplyDelete