Tuesday, March 31, 2009

France, food, friends, and fellowship

Vale, it´s been a few weeks :( so sorry... I don´t know where time goes! Anyways...

I just got back from FRANCE!!! I was there for 3 days, and was able to meet up with Ben Anderson (most of ya´ll know him one of the many psudo brothers from MN) his roommate Peter, who is from France, Benny´s girlfriend Hannah, and one other friend from Taylor.

The time was INCREDIBLE! And the food was EVEN better! But the BEST was being able to fellowship freely!

A quick overview of our time:
I got in on Wed. night (Ben Hannah and Peter´s dad met me at the airport) and we ate... delish.

Thursday morning we went into Paris. We went to this beautiful church up on a hill and saw some local artists! We also saw the Eiffel from a distance! (Breathtaking!) We left Paris early to get back to Senlis (where Peter´s family lives), because that night we would dine at the Kuehl´s friends house for dinner. (By far my favorite European meal thus far!)

It started with little finger foods, a French trail mix, some cheese, crackers, dip, sausage, crab and a few others. They handed out drinks, toasted and the meal began! After about a half hour of chatting and relaxing we were invited to the dinner table. (Usually there is a main course, cheese course and dessert. But tonight the main and cheese were combined.) Basically it looked like this we all took some potatoes, shredded carrots, meats, lettuce, and some other stuff. Then they put one of those HUGE round disks of cheese (like at Byerlys...) put it near the fire and as it melted scrapped it onto our food! Let me tell you SO good!!!!!!! YUM and then for dessert, fruit! Fresh! In all the dinner lasted from about 8:30 until Midnight!!! (now that´s a real meal!!!) Al... the whole time I was hoping that you could teleport there... you would´ve LOVED it!!!

Friday we got up and went to the local market! So fun... food and clothing and more food and more clothing... Then we went to the Senlis Notre Dame. It was BEAUTIFUL. Seriously the stained glass windows were incredible. Then we went back to Paris for the day. Went to the top of the Eiffel Tour, went to THE Norte Dame in Paris a quick shopping trip, and finally the Louvre!!!! Which was just too much.

My last day I brought the others to the airport in the morning and spent the afternoon wandering around Senlis, and helping the Keuhl´s by watching these two adorable English children whose mom was in the hospital. (we played hide and seek and watched the The Rescuers Down Under... good stuff!!!)

Now I´m back in Madrid for two days of classes and then Wednesday night I´m off to Italy! (then to L´abri/Geneva Switzerland and Brussels, Belgium.) I´ll try to update pictures on facebook and write on here some of the highlights!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment